JKSL are looking for several new Site Operatives to join our excellent team, to meet the demands of our constantly growing business.
Initially, this will be on a temporary basis until Christmas in order to complete multiple major projects in the north of England. However, we will look to extend this into 2021, should the workload sustain it (which we believe it will).
The role will involve a diverse range of duties and each day is often different. It will initially involve such tasks as:
- Cutting and processing general vegetation (appropriate training will be given).
- General manual labour on our mechanical remediation projects.
- Operating dumper and/or excavators.
We are looking for self-motivated, reliable, punctual individuals with good communication skills and a positive professional attitude at all times.
To meet the requirements of our clients at times, candidates will be required to work away from home at times, staying overnight nationwide. The company will provide an overnight allowance which pays for accommodation, breakfast and evening meal. Working hours are typically 7.30am to 17:00pm Monday to Friday. We currently run a stakeholder Pension Scheme for employees.
Given the changes in our working practises in 2020 due to the pandemic, the successful candidate should be able to travel to site in their own vehicle. All travel expenses will be paid. However, should the position be made permanent in 2021 then the company will provide a vehicle.
The following are desired:
- CSCS Card
- Dumper and/or Excavator license
The following would be advantageous, but are not mandatory:
- PA1 and PA6 Spraying Licence
- PA6AW and other spraying license
- Reasonable plant knowledge
- Asbestos aware
- Chainsaw and chipper qualification
- Horticultural qualifications
- H & S training such as IOSH or NEBOSH
Successful candidates will be well presented, have a strong work ethic and work well within a team. Due to the nature of the business and working within a range of construction sites, candidates may be subject to random drugs testing by the company or our clients.
- Location: Manchester/North of England
- Job type: Temporary with a view to becoming permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Salary per: Annum
- Job start date: ASAP