JKSL were invited to tender on this complex enabling works project in North London. After a comprehensive tender process we were appointed to undertake the following works:
- Full site survey to record non-native invasive plants on site.
- Creation of JKMP and detailed survey drawings in AutoCAD.
- Site security fencing.
- Extensive fencing/signage due to key overhead and below ground services restricting working conditions.
- Creation of adequate underground asset crossing points around the site.
- Ecological surveys for nesting birds (works were undertaken inside the nesting season therefore numerous issues were encountered).
- Implementation of rigorous bio-security measures.
- Clearance of all vegetation on site.
- Excavation and relocation of Japanese knotweed (JK) non-hazardous waste to temporary receptor area.
- Excavation and relocation of Japanese knotweed (JK) hazardous waste to temporary receptor area.
- Excavation and relocation of Giant hogweed (JK) non-hazardous waste to temporary receptor area.
- Implementation of asbestos mitigation works.
- Removal of asbestos from site.
- Separation of ‘industrial scaled’ fly tipped waste from across the entire site. Stockpiling in different waste categories ahead of removal from site.
- Herbicide application to JK and GH left in mounds and on site in no dig areas.
This was a complex enabling package due to the unique site location and large scale of non-native invasive plants and fly tipping across the site. All works were undertaken with an 8 week period by our site teams to ensure that the land was freed up for re-development as quickly as possible.